Are You Planning to Publish a Print Edition of Your Book?
Createspace, IngramSpark, Or LightningSource—Marraii Design Will Make It Look Amazing!
If you don't know your way around MS Word, preparing your book for publishing on CreateSpace, IngramSpark, and LightningSource can turn out to be tougher than you imagined. At best, your book interior can end up looking amateurish, and that is definitely not what you set out to do. The question that begs to be answered is, since you worked so hard on writing your book, why ruin it by cutting corners on formatting?
Let Marraii Design do it for you. With over 10 years of experience in design and formatting, Marraii can help you navigate self-publishing waters with ease.
Marraii treats every book as a separate custom project that is hand-crafted into a beautiful print-ready PDF. Fonts for titles, headings, and body are carefully selected to reflect your book's topic and overall feel. If you already have a cover designed, then I try to match the fonts inside the book to those used on the cover. Decorative elements, custom scene breaks, and drop caps are added where necessary (not every book needs them). Trim size, margins, gutter, odd & even pages, running heads, pagination, and all technical requirements will meet industry standards. Your book will look absolutely professional.
To get the ball rolling, contact me to get a custom quote for your manuscript, or book my Createspace formatting gig on Fiverr. Get ready to receive a beautifully formatted book interior file, delivered as print-ready & upload-ready PDF.
What a wonderful seller! I must have asked a million questions and Nat patiently replied to all! Nat went above and beyond in formatting my book. Thanks!!
Included in formatting for print:
- Cleaning up the document, and fixing problems hidden in MS Word
- Title page & half page
- Copyright page
- Dedication & acknowledgements pages
- Table of Contents
- Running heads
- Page numbering
- Odd & even pages
- Organizing frontmatter, body, and backmatter
- Beautiful fonts for titles, headings, and body (matching front cover if possible)
- Manual widow/orphan control
- Default: no hyphenation; optional: with hyphenation
- About the author page
- Proper setting of paragraph styles and line spacing
- Stylistic elements like custom scene breaks, drop caps, and others
- Styling lists, tables, fill-in-the-blanks, call-to-actions, and boxes
- Setting correct margins, gutter, and trim size
- Chapters staring on the next page, or on the first right-faced page (recto job)
- Up to 15 images, minimum 200dpi resolution
Not included in formatting for print:
- Editing & proofreading
- Cover design/preparation for print (ordered separately)
- Upload to publishing platforms
- Marketing & promotion
- Complex formatting
- Custom image editing & enhancement (basic resizing and b/w or cmyk colorspaces are included)
- Purchase of stock images
- Generating index (costs extra)
What I don't format:
- Graphic novels
- Children & adult picture-books
Am I ready to publish?
- Completed manuscript?
- Edited & proofread?
- Trim size?
- Printing color? (b/w or color)
- ISBN? Free or my own?
- Images over 200dpi?
You will get a properly formatted print-ready PDF for submission on Createspace or Ingram
Consistently great work with the attitude of making sure the client is happy.
I highly recommend this gig.
Print Formatting Portfolio
Flip Through Some Pages Not Shown Above